Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Poetry in Tremont

I know that Steve has become possessed by the power of words. He is so passionate about poetry that sometimes I wonder if he is a reincarnation of those long gone "Beat generation poets."

I think that I will attend tomorrow's event at the Lit, I don't do poetry very well but I am dying to see Steve with his French beret , read his work with total sincerity.

My poems are sad and frankly not very good but sometimes being whimsical allows a gap to be breach and something extraordinary will be.

So tomorrow night, see you at the Lit!

Poême pour Lui

Someone told me that you still talk about me
How is that possible
Have you forgotten what was meant to be
You gave me the Moon and the Sun but I was too young
I chose a falling Star and never made it very far

Someone told me that you still talk about me
How is that possible
I see your eyes and I forget how many lies
You said about me

Do you feel sorry sometimes, do you have regrets
Or do you just like to talk about me
And deep in your soul hope to forget
That I left because you never talked to me.

No comments: